Two worlds, one house

After a few days in uncle jeffery's home in LA, I observed a few interesting scenarios in a American Chinese family.
1. You are who you are.
2. You are what you eat.
3. You are where you are.
Both sides- my uncle auntie and their children are all lovely people. However, people won't change much after your personality developed.
The second one is basically the matter of fact that within one evening... there were two worlds under the same roof. One side is my cousin and his buddies watching a Lakers' game, having Costco pizza, drinking Pepsi, and shouting like they had never watched a game before. The other side of the house, uncle J and his wife quietly eating their dinner. The TV was also on for Taiwanese News... politics and stuff. Same old same old as they had never left Taiwan.

They had been in the States (LA to be Exact) for more than 20 years now. This IS their comfort Zone. Uncle J told me more than once in this week "this is where i feel comfortable, nobody look down on me."

That's right. Nothing wrong about it. That is one of the basic human desires- the rihgt of security.
FOr me, this is a good place to hide for a week. They provided shelter, hospitality, and good internet connection. I love them as who they are. Nevertheless, deep down in my soul... I don't feel attached to this kind of life.
That is another story.

Comments

Popular Posts