Boston trip rocks

I came to Boston directly after spending a week in the quiet town in New Jersey. Living with one of my best friends Gid and his wife Julia at Harvard Business school campus site in Boston. The best treats of the trip were not Boston itself but the people I met and events I attended in this week.
FIrst of all, how about pretend to be a HBS student for a day? I took Gid's card and snoke (well, with honesty) in the Baker Library. it was nice and quiet.


Then the Celtics game vs Mavs in the Garden was the main event for this trip. Basically, I planned everything around it. And thank God, it worthed every penny! The game was so intense even Kevin Garnnet sidelined due to injury. Ray Allen took over the first half by scoring 22 points. And the scond half was the shoot out contest between Dirk and Paul Pierce. We were sitting quiet far away from everything but the view was actually great (check the picture).

The best part is the end with a buzzer beater ( a steal and a layup) by 2nd year rookie Rondo.


During the weekend, i did some even more extreme (I did not plan that at all). Ski! Dude, I had never done that before. Even when the ship was in Dubai and we went to the mall "ski Dubai". Well, I wasn't actually doing any skiing then. i was just "there" watching others, especially Reka my ex, enjoying herself. But this time was different, Gid took me directly to the first timers' course. And there were like 7 people awaited for me. "Got to do it man" i told myslef.
That was terrifying... i have to say. i respect Reka and others so much now. They made it looked easy. However, toward the end of the day, I managed to go from the hill to the bottom, and fell, only twice.


And things got more interesting when it came to superbowl Sunday. Well, just being in Boston area in these few days was a treat itself. The New Englanders were more than proud to support the three times champ. Anyways, we all know how the story ends for the SuperBowl 42. Pats were 18 wins and nothing. The best scene for me was watching the game live with bunch of top CHinese oversea Harvard MBA students. Listening to their comments "CHinese should also play well, it's a mind game""No, the size matters. We best keep it with pingpong...""Yeah, you don't want to deal with these monsters on the field!"

I laughed so hard. I can barely breath. After all, that was heck of a game.

Especially the miraculos 4th quarter drama.

Comments

Popular Posts