chill in Phoenix

Spending time in Phoenix was just a gift from heaven. Auntie Fei and her family was here since the 80's. (Yeah, i have American relatives like all our Presidence-wanna-be.) I came here once almost 7 years ago. My cousins are all grown up now. One of them was even a high school All-State Football player (Defensive Back)in 2007. Hey, a Chinese dude!


What was my day like? I slept until 9, checked some emails and facebooked a bit (addicted). After lunch, I went for a movie (or two) in a nearby second-round theater.


After the movie(s), I will walk around the neighborhood. Arizona weather is not like the East coast which gets miserable by hourly bases. There is always bluse sky and gigantic cactuses are at every corner.


In the evenings, i would watch a Suns game with them or another College hoop rally. This is a great season for basketball fans. 5 years on DOULOS, I literally missed all the great matchups of the game I love. 65 inches flat wide-screen TV was mad-biz for sports.

This is my finest reward.

Last night i went to ASU stadium for a game against UCLA with Ruth my oldest cousin in the house. She is now studying in med school, graduated from UCLA in 07. This was actually my second UCLA game this trip, lucky me.

College hoop was absolutely more intense regarding audience participation... Even the Sun devils lost by 10 plus points, the fans were more than supportive for their home team. i got booed by just wearing the UCLA tee(i had nothing to do with em'). lol!




Of course, I was totally slacking. This evening I will be speaking in the youth fellwoship of the biggest CHinese church in Phoenix. Please pray with me for recruiting more young souls into the kingdom business.

Comments

Anonymous said…

Popular Posts