Delta Sucks (my flight from Atlanta to Phoenix)

I wrote this when I was waiting for the flight. Last time i took Delta was from NY to France. It was a nightmare. unfortunately, here we go again...

this is the sixth time I took a flight in the last two months.
I had some ups and downs on the way however, Delta sucks the most. Don't take Delta, ever.
On the way to the airport, Atlanta traffic was confusing to start with. Two main freeways across each other in downtown which causes jam every given day. and there were two accidents on the way near the airport exit.
We arrived the busiest airport in the world at 12 o'clock. I should have plenty of time since this is a domestic flight. It worked everytime for me.
Not with Delta.
The self service machines were right there... I was like "yeah, easy!" It showed "You need to use your credit card" to check in. Wait a minute, i booked the tickets by someone else's card. the instruction was relatively confusing and i decided to wait in the full serive cue. Big mistake!
There were like 10 counters but just 3 staff working. it was killing slow and seemed like nobody was enjoying the process, neither the custermer nor the staff.
it was my turn after almost 30 minutes. I was dying anxious. The lady at the counter spent 3 minutes just to figure out what my last name was.Gosh, how hard it can be? Peng or SuRey?
She paused a second and said. "Sorry sir, your luggage cannot go with you."
"What?" I thought that was a joke.
it seemed like I have to check in my luggage 45 minutes before departure. and it was about 40 minutes before taking off. hey, i waited in the line for 30 minutes!
"not my problem." She literally said that. "Next flight available will be 8:25. or you want to fly without your luggage?" I was so pissed. Are you kidding me? She was asking me to wait for 8 hours in the airport?! Even worse, what do you mean i fly alone without my belongings?



Anyways, make a long story short. I spent 5 hours at the messy food court and watching people come and go.
Then, i got a seat on 8:25. After all these ehrassments through the security check, i arrived the gate around 6. great, i am going to kill another 2 and half hours with what!
Things get more dramatic when the monitor showed "delay, 8:50". few minutes later, it was 9:10. Then, it was 9PM. They made an annuncement : "we are still waiting for the pilot and the officer. please wait for further notice. We appreciate your patience."
What the...

It means i had waited from 12 o'clock this afternoon until 9:30 pm... in the airport. And there is a 4 hours flight awaits for me. my uncle will need to pick me up around midnight! No explaination, no sincerely apology, no whatsoever...

Delta sucks.
I am still waiting!

PS: After another delay waiting for taking off, the plane arrived PHX at 0:20. Thankfully, I saw Auntie Fei and Uncle Jumbo there waiting for me. they were tired for sure. Guess what, the luggage claim took another hour waiting! We came home around 2am. Sorry, Delta really sucks.

Comments

chuan said…
辛苦了....
Unknown said…
2003.12.25我們在LAX遇到幾乎一模一樣的劇情,但那次是UA!
排了幾乎50min,竟然告訴我們這班機可能趕不上了,因為晚了5min!
吵不過那位大小姐,還請了PAUL叔叔出面說明我們一行7人,非得一起走。才放行,也順利登機。
不過,故事還沒結束,抵達CHICAGO時,我們有一件行李沒出現。一查,要下一班機才送達。怎麼辦?只好讓來接的車子在外頭繼續流浪了!
顯然這種故事不是DELTA的專利!

Popular Posts