We are ready!!!!



I came home for this moment. On the way back to Taiwan, it was a touching moment for many of us when the results came out around 6PM. I was never so patriotic in my life, not even when I was on board DOULOS as the only represntative of all the Chinese/Taiwanese in 2003. It just makes sense now, my identity, my flag, my root, and my tears.

After 5 years oversea serving the nations, I felt somehow responsible for my own piece of land, Taiwan.
It was hard for me to observe the decline of Taiwan politics and distrust between neighbors, firneds, and colleagues.


"If you don't understand, don't misunderstand." it is one of the catchphrases of DOULOS, our multicultural community.


Taiwan society had been torn apart by the hatry languages, attitude, and verbal/physical violence from politicians in the last couple of years. Many of us, as members of this big family, had to choose sides or just be labled by your ethnic background.

Pathetic as hell...

But, the long wait is over. Last night... the majority people of Taiwan, ROC, had made a choice to spurn what divided us.


And we are ready to be great citizens of a great country.






We will remember this day. I will remember this day.


Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts