The call and the shame

South Korea rethinks mission strategy
By Krasimira Petrova
BBC News

The kidnapping of 23 South Korean hostages in Afghanistan has raised questions back home over what the team was doing in such a dangerous place.
South Korean media has been quick to call for future trips to be more carefully planned, and even to question the merits of such missions in the first place....http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6915268.stm


This is a picture in a mission conference in Mokpo. It is a combined event for the churches in Mokpo and our DOULOS visit here.

we are not living in a world with any safe and sound communication anymore. This is an era of confusion, hatry, and misunderstanding. How do you see the picture above? Maybe you can say... well, they are just religious freaks, driven by emotion and motivating music. If God is not a God we celebrate and worship with all our heart and passion. What do we have left in our faith?

I went on an overnight ministry with 4 other friends on board. Djamshed is from Tajikstan, a fine brother of mine, talent in music and singing. I cannot even write the best things about him on internet! His stories and testimonies will move many people. However, the reality is... His life will be in danger when he gets home in a fwe weeks (if I really talk about it).

I cried when I saw the picture of the second dead body they found. Where is the love? It seems so ironic when we reach out to people with love and compassion. "Oh, you want to get close to me, deliberately..." they will say. "Humaniterian project... what a cliche!"

What can i say though... We are not in any good position defending oursleves. As the communication department leader of this Christain project, I even have to keep silent for the sake of security! God forgive me.

Romans1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes..."


I pray with the families who lost their beloved. I pray that God can raise them up like he raised me before.

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
當我失落的時候,噢,我的靈魂,感到多麽的疲倦;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
當有困難時,我的心背負著重擔,
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
然後,我會在寂靜中等待,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.
直到你的到來,並與我小坐片刻。
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
你鼓舞了我,所以我能站在群山頂端;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
你鼓舞了我,讓我能走過狂風暴雨的海;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
當我靠在你的肩上時,我是堅強的;
You raise me up… To more than I can be.

Comments

Popular Posts