Top 10 in 2007 2. Future options are open!

Sorry, it took a while for the top two of 2007. It is actually more about 2008 and the years to come. So, enjoy it… warming, long read ahead.



Future options are all open!!



That’s right.

Once again I am standing in front of the cross road. Many roads will lead to glorious triumphs and even fame; and some will lead to hardship and maybe failures.

When I traveled with DOULOS, there will be invitations for a new ministry opportunity almost every week.

“Would you like to join us in partnership with your supporting church? We have this building project…” an African pastor once pleaded.

“We need people like you have passion for the kid. The youngsters need a role model. No pressure, pray about it.” A senior pastor of a big Chinese church in Sydney offered a kind deal. “We have an office for you if you are ready. We can pay for your study tuition here…”

“I pray for one out of seven DOULOIDs will be serving in the MENA* area.” Our previous director once challenged us in the Tuesday prayer night. “You had been here. You had experienced the need and heard the call. What will yu do?”

*MENA: middle East and North Africa

“We are short of manpower. We are short of everything… ” That was the most common outcry.

“Why do you come so late?”

Late? Are you kidding me?

I had never heard about these projects whatsoever. These Mother-Teresa-wannabe ministries were like fairy tales with no happily-ever-after endings. I was in my comfort zone like most of the “Bench believers” for years. Who cares about the despairing souls if they are not in front of your church by daily bases? How could I know anything about anything? Even I had heard about them, those callings were totally irrelevent to me.

Thank God he had brought me to the ship for these years and opened my ignorant eyes. The need is everywhere. It is not about me, myself, and Ray. It is about how and where God is leading.



EUROPE it is, my friends.

In 2004, DOULOS toured around Europe. From the south to the East, from the East back to the West, I traveled with the ship to Albania, Italy, France, Romania, Germany, Spain, Croatia, Ukraine, and more… I was then very blessed and serve as the PR team coordinator on board. 40,000 people I and my teammates hosted for a ship tour. Lifes had been touched and many youngsters got recruited. As one of the only few Mandarin speakers on board, I got to speak and share in many occasions*. Meanwhile, we had witness a few scaring facts.

*One of the stories was about the Chinese church in Trieste Italy. Please check http://www.raygogo.net/p4-22.html (in Chinese)

1. Many traditional churches in Europe are literally dying. The buildings and figures of Evangelical movements and early church forefathers now become the symbol of tourism and superstition.

2. There were many Chinese immigrates, legal or illegal. There will be more in the decade to come.

3. There were only few shepherds among the folks in these hundreds of Chinese churches in Europe. Many leaders were lack of enthusiasm and training. No vision for missions or sharing the goodnews.

4. Out side of UK, there was basically no Christian literature supporting network. Bibles and hymn books are the only two items on the table.

5. There are NO role models for youngsters in the church. The second immigrant generation has identity crisis as they encountered the daily life in a foreign land.


That brought me into the picture. Or I should say; the picture had been stamped into my mind since them. This is the altar; this is the Promised Land.



I am not saying it is going to be easy. Actually, I don’t even think that is something for the present future. Even I have a vision, I still need to have a team, networking, raising finance, looking for spiritual backup, being equipment and be ready for the task. And last but not the least, I also need to have partners who will understand the call and fully support the decisions along the way. That is where you come in. Pray for me. Be a partner.



And i will try to, get a life (wife?). Ha.

So now I am writing to you regarding my future plans in the freezing cold New York city. After going back to Taiwan for Presidential election in March (I won't miss my vote again), I will be working part time with Ex DOuloi Solomon Tang and Lesley Lai in OM Taipei office. Hopefully, we can release Zinnie for a break which she deserved long time ago. My commitment for that by far is about 3 months. However, it can be flexible. My church was backing me up ever since day one (which I am always grateful). I am still seeking. However, i am trusting.



You can still support me financially even I am not on board DOULOS now. Please contact your local OM office and ask for how.

If you are from the States, to give is a few clicks away. Check http://www.usa.om.org/give.htm

Please note: "OM Taiwan office, for Ray Peng"







To be continued...
What is No. 1? Yeah... it is big. it is coming!

Comments

Popular Posts