DO something, or you are doing NOTHING!



Pau Sian Mung was my big brother since day one on DOULOS. He is a nice guy with few words. There was always a smile on his face. He went back to Myanmar in 2004 when he finished the committment with DOULOS. He didn't finish his time serving the people God loves. He worked with our organisation for another couple of years. In the beginning of 2008, he started a ministry helping the orphans of his country.

Picture of Pau and I



Last week, when the Cyclone stoke Myanmar, his house was also under attack. I thought of him after watching the news on TV and Internet. Quickly I sent him an email (as following), and two days later, he replied.

In Taiwan, we had been stuffed with the diplomatic scandal with Papua New Guinea in the last two weeks. The plot was so dramatic that totally went out of control.

And we heard very little regarding the need in Myanmar. What a shame! The government should spend money in the business of saving lives instead of bribes.


On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Peng su RAY, Go wrote:

Dear brother Pau:

My goodness. I saw the news from TV and internet. I feel the pain and praying for you guys. Please do let me know if you are ok... is there anything i can do for you....?

yours,
Ray

親愛的PAU弟兄
我的老天,我從電視和網路上看到你們的新聞。我同感痛苦也為你們代禱。請告訴我你是否安好。我能為你做些什麼呢?



Dear Brother Ray,
Thank you for the letter. Praise the lord that I am ok. During the twelve hours of the cyclone,
I pray countiously and asking the lord to forgive all the sins of our country and turn to the lord.
God is protecting me and my house during the cyclone wonderfully. My roof was full with broken glasses. But it doesn't blow away. Praise The Lord.

Brother Ray, the rainy season is coming next month. So please do pray for me that I needs to fix the roof of my house before the rain come. It might cost about US$ 300.
Now I am taking care of 30 orphans. Half of the orphan house was totally damaged and the roof was blown away.
This is the urgent needs for the ministry. Thank God that all the children were safe.
Because of the water problem we needs medical care. We really needs your prayer.

Thank You, and God Bless.
Pau,
Myanmar
親愛的睿弟兄:
謝謝你的來信。感謝主我還活著。在颱風肆虐的十二個小時,我不停的禱告,求主赦免我的國家所犯的罪惡,並回轉向神。
在颱風當中,神保護了我以及我的房舍完好。我的屋頂雖然滿是碎玻璃,但並沒有被吹走。感謝主。

睿弟兄,雨季下個月馬上就要到了,因此,請為我迫切禱告,因為我必須要在開始下雨之前修理我的屋頂,這要花上三百美金(對他們來說是一筆天文數字)。

現在我正在照顧三十個孤兒,這間孤兒院有一半以上算是全毀了,而且屋頂整個被掀走了。這是我們最迫切的的需求。感謝神我們的孩子們都安好。
但因為飲水的問題,我們需要醫療的援助。我們真的需要你的代禱。

謝謝,神祝福
PAU在緬甸



Comments

Popular Posts