The world I know




It was American Idol's finale yesterday. David Cook sang "The world I know" by Collective Soul
as the closing song. It just reminded me the video Daniel Yap took in Djibouti back in 2005...







Has our conscience shown?

Has the sweet breeze blown?

Has all the kindness gone?

Hope still lingers on.

I drink myself of newfound pity

Sitting alone in new york city

And I dont know why.



Are we listening to hyms of offering?

Have we eyes to see that love is gathering?

All the words that I've been reading

Have now started the act of bleeding into one.



So I walk up on high

And I step to the edge

To see my world below.

And I laugh at myself

As the years roll down.

cause its the world I know.

Its the world I know.



By the way, David Cook won at the end. Even though I like the sincere teenager David Archuleta from the beginning, well, DC deserved to be there.




Oh, don't worship idols. There is only one God.


Hey, check this humble guy's talk after the show.

Comments

Popular Posts