Updates for season one in 2009

it had been a while since last time we wrote something to each other. A lot had happened in my life. And I believe it's the same for you too. Here are some outstanding incidents occuring in my life lately.


Knee operation:

It is worth mentioning that I just had a knee operation last Wednesday. I hurt my knee on a fast break when playing full court basketball on the 30th of Dec 2008. I wasn't sure how bad it was even I was immediately sent to ER that evening. I thought it was the legiment however it turned out my cartilage was broken. The funny thing is, I had booked the flight to visit Booking in Beijing on the 31st and spending the new year weekend with him. I took a crutch with me and participated the 4 days handicap Olympic (against myself), not willingly. It got better when I came back to work in Taipei. Taking a few weeks though. However, I later took a MRI and consulted the experts. It was made clear to me that a operation is necessary. And of course, losing weight .... if i want to run or swim again.
The operation was more adventurous then I thought. However, I survive. I also took some scary pictures.

Work in WVT:

My new role in Worldvision Taiwan is also a great challenge. I stepped into an unfamiliar territory with Pros, statistics, SOPs, million dollar budgets, and inhouse politics and more. The workload was heavier than I expected. Thank God I really enjoy everyday in the midst of challenges and discouragements. The ministry is so rewarding that you actually transforming thousands of people's lives. I am currently responsible for the programs in Ethiopia and DR Congo, and also Relief and Humanitarian AID projects all over Africa. There are literally hundreds of pages of documents and reports I need to go through on top of all the logistics taking place in the office or online. Yet, I said it again "Rejoice!".
I may have my first field trip back in Africa in June. Pray my physical condition will be ready then.

Ministry/Life:

I am now on the HSR (High speed Railway, the Taiwan version bullet train) to Kaohsiung. This morning I will be speaking to the students of the biggest American (MK) school in the south, the Morrison's. And in the afternoon, 1,500 young ladies will be listening to me in the main hall of Kaohsiung first girl school. I need to finish this email before arrival.
God had blessed me with numerous opportunities to speak in various meetings to thousands since my first book "FEAR NOT!" was released last October. I got TV interviews, media coverages, and many more. I am very much aware of the 15 mins of fame theory and avoiding to be bigheaded (even my head is always...). The greatest challenge is time management. One of the reasons we broke up is that she felt I didn't make quality time available for her (which she deserved dearly). However, if you got a chance to have a glimpse of the nature of my commitments, you will understand fully of the nature of how it takes to be Ray Ray at this stage of life. Please bear in mind that I also have a full time job in WVT as a rookie.
My slots are all booked until July. I will drag my crutches on the flight to Malaysia on Friday. I will share in 7 locations through the weekend. And coming Monday my department will have a mega strategy plan meeting for the next fiscal year.... Apparently I need wisdom from heaven to juggle with all the balls.


Oh, did i mention that DOULOS is coming to Taiwan in April? Yeah, on top of everything I highlighted just now, it is worth noting my previous home for 5 years is now approaching. She will be visiting Kaohsiung, Hualien, then Keelung. I am also involved in national permissions and publicities. From April to the end of May, the ship's finale to Taiwan will most likely the ending chapter for me of that part of my life.

Appreciate your support and prayers. if you are keen to read more about my updates, loads articles and pictures are on www.wretch.cc/blog/doulos, in Chinese though.

Ray your friend

Comments

Popular Posts